Enrolment & Selection
Entry requirements, as stated by Cambridge English Language Assessment, are as follows:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old by the end of the course;
- Applicants must have an awareness of language and a competence in English, both written and spoken, that enables them to undertake the course;
- Applicants must have the potential to develop the necessary skills to become effective teachers and to successfully complete the written assignments and the teaching practice.
There is no formal requirement of a higher educational degree. It is, however, recommended that applicants should have formal qualifications which would allow entry into higher education in their own country.
The selection process
- Complete and send the Application form and task.
- We will acknowledge the receipt of your application within 48 hours and you will be asked for a convenient time for you to come and take the language test.
- If your application is accepted and the result of your language test meets the requirements of the course, you will be interviewed and informed at the end of the interview as to whether or not you are to be offered a place.
- If you are offered a place on the CELTA course, you will be sent additional pre-course information.
- If your application and the result of your language test do not meet the requirements of the course, your application will be turned down.
- The decision of the centre is final and cannot be disputed.
- Note: As Cambridge authorized centre we view all instances of plagiarism very seriously. Candidates may confer and recommend useful sources, but each assignment must be your own work and you must sign that this is the case. All Teaching Practice must be your own work. Where candidates are found to have plagiarised from another candidate or from a reference source, that assignment or teaching practice may be rejected or they may be disqualified from the course, and they will be ineligible for the award in cases where dishonesty or plagiarism are brought to the attention of Cambridge English Language Assessment.